Tuesday 17 November 2009

Shocking

So something really shocking happened shortly after my last blog post. 

I don't want to go into details but it made me rethink EVERYTHING.

Then...

today I found out that one of the little girls in my youngest's class, died yesterday.  She fell ill Friday night, was a lot worse on Saturday.  Her parents took her to the hospital but once there she fell into a coma, and then the machines were turned off yesterday evening.

Apparently it was meningitis but not the infectious need to be quarantined type.

My heart goes out to the family.  It's such an awful thing to happen and at this time of year it will be doubley hard.  The poor girl had just been through some major hip operations and was finally up and walking about again.  It is so hard to believe that this can happen.

I went to the emergency meeting that the school held for the parents of Reception aged children.  The headmistress cried a lot.  I couldn't help but feel it was a bit hypocritical.  I mean surely Mrs headmistress can't personally care that much about each and every individual child in that school and surely she can't believe that she knows them all extremely well and on some personal level. 

It was insulting to me, but maybe I am just warped.

My daughter is due back at Great Ormond Street Hospital on Monday for a check up.  She has been complaining about heart pains for a couple of weeks so it needs to be investigated.  I know she will be due another operation at some point, and that it will be sometime before she is 18.  Other than that it is just a waiting game and I have had a bad feeling about this next appointment since it was made.

After today those fears and my paranoia are playing on my mind a lot.


So with two very shocking incidents. I have decided that I need to concentrate not just on my weight but on my whole life.

I need a New Life Diet.

I'm not sure of the rewards, goals, or potential achievements yet (it is a work in progress) but from now on I need to focus on a whole new way of living this meagre poor miserable waste of time existance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment